Monday, February 21, 2011

Easy Granola Bars

I've tried lots and lots of granola bars recipes. And when I saw one with only 5 ingredients, I was really excited.  http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/01/05/5-ingredient-peanut-butter-granola-bars/



It's nice to avoid butter and flour and keep it simple. I changed it a little to include ingredients I almost always have on hand. Here's our version....





3 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup agave nectar
3/4 cup peanut butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 oz. chopped dark chocolate




Mix all ingredients together. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, just until set and not too crispy.

Cut into 12 servings and enjoy! How easy is that?
30 carbs per serving.



And the cool thing is, you can change this to make it fit your tastes exactly. I've used almond butter instead of peanut butter and it's fantastic. You could use honey instead of agave, raisins instead of chocolate, any kind of nut, etc.

1 comment: