Sunday, February 20, 2011

Honey Wheat Dinner Rolls

I love my bread maker. I just forget to use it half the time. But then when I pull it back out, I think, "oh, this is so easy, why don't I do this all the time?"



So last week I used it about 3 times and need to remember that the bread tastes waaaay better, and is much better for us than store bought bread. And it's EASY! Thanks Sherry, for this yummy recipe, they disappeared very fast!


Half Whole Wheat Bread (1 pound loaf)

3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons honey or agave nectar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 cup bread flour
1 cup whole wheat flour (or white whole wheat--same nutritional value and really, really yummy)
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon bread machine or fast rise yeast

Dough setting on bread machine.  After rising, knead and shape into 12 equal size rolls. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Makes 12 rolls.



Each roll = 17 carbs  



1 1/2 pound loaf


1 cup plus 2 1/2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
1 1/2 cups bread flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine or fast rise yeast

No comments:

Post a Comment