Sunday, February 27, 2011

No Bake chocolate oatmeal cookies

This is a weight watchers recipe I discovered a few years ago. It's super-quick, uses minimal ingredients, and satisfies my sweet tooth just enough if I have a few after dinner. I usually just end up doubling the recipe--they are small and don't last long! 



1/4 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon oil
1 cup old fashioned oatmeal

Combine milk, sugar, and cocoa in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil while stirring (careful not to scorch) and then remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until melted. Mix in oil and oatmeal.

Shape into cookies or 1 inch balls and freeze until firm.

1 batch for me made 15 cookies.
Total carbs in recipe = 84
1 cookie = 5.5 carbs

2 comments:

  1. We made no bake cookies like this all the time when I was growing up. I'll need to try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made these and had to hide them in the outdoor fridge from Jake!

    ReplyDelete