Monday, March 14, 2011

4 Year Old Wisdom

It's funny how when you live with diabetes, your life just BECOMES that, and kids pick up on it really quickly. Leah, of course, has learned a lot and does a wonderful job doing finger pricks, insulin boluses, and being aware of all the stuff that goes along with it. 

But I always forget that Lukas hears it all too. So the other day it just cracked me up when I was searching all over the car for a glucose tab and he said "Don't you have some attached to your keys, mom?" 


He's also been known to ask me really loud, in public, if I was going to the bathroom to check for ketones. 

And he frequently sings me a "high" or "low" melody to let me know which alarm on Leah's CGM is going off.

He's a good brother to have around. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment