Thursday, March 3, 2011

Carmelized chicken with mushrooms

While we were eating this tonight Lukas said, "Mom, you're smokin' at dinner!" That kid cracks me up.

But I have to agree--as much as I hate to cook chicken, this was well worth it, and is going straight to the top of my favorites list. Visit this link for the recipe:





We skipped the herb bread, because as yummy as it sounded, I would have felt guilty giving that much butter to my kids. So we used some small pieces of plain crusty bread to dip in the broth. 

And I cut the amount of butter in half when cooking the onions and mushrooms. Still delicious. (I also used vegetable broth to deglaze the pan instead of wine since I had some open in the fridge). We had mashed sweet potatoes with cinnamon on the side. 

Try it as soon as you can!


No comments:

Post a Comment