Monday, May 30, 2011

Lovin this long weekend!

It's unofficially summer, and we're enjoying this long weekend at home together. Hot weather has decided to make blood sugars impossible to deal with, but I remember that transition from last summer, too. We'll just take it one day at a time and try our best.

One thing we've had this weekend is lots of good food. Grilling, salads, simple desserts....tastes like summer. :)

I have wonderful memories of being in the kitchen with my mom (especially those thanksgiving morning pie crusts), and I love it when my kids want to help me out. Here's Leah chopping up the strawberries to top our poundcake and whipped cream!

Kids helping out in the kitchen make it easy to talk about carb counting, healthy choices, and just gives us an opportunity to spend time together. She also feels pretty grown up and excited about what we're eating when she's helped make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment