Tastes like a yummy hot ham and cheese sandwich!
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
dash of pepper
dash of Italian seasoning
3-4 slices deli ham, chopped
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
1. Make your favorite pizza dough (I used the one listed below) and roll out into a 14 inch pizza.
2. Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, pepper and Italian seasoning. Spread mixture on top of dough.
3. Top with shredded cheese and ham.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is golden.
Cut into 8 slices. Each slice is 26 carbs.
Bobby Flay's Pizza Dough Recipe (makes two 14 inch crusts)
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups bread flour, plus more for rolling (Chef's Note: Using bread flour will give you a much crisper crust. If you can't find bread flour, you can substitute it with all-purpose flour which will give you a chewier crust.)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 envelope instant dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups water, 110 degrees F
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons
Combine the bread flour, sugar, yeast and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine. While the mixer is running, add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil and beat until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrapand let them rest for 10 minutes.
One 14 inch pizza crust = 24 carbs per slice (when cut into 8 slices)