Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Site Night

It was site change night at our house, and it always amazes me how much stuff there is that goes into it. Insulin, tubing, reservoirs, needles...lots and lots of parts and waste.


But the thing that always really amazes  me is Leah's composure....just sucking in her breath, waiting for the needle to go in, and letting out a big exhale when it's over. 

Tonight she was describing how it didn't hurt too bad, and that it seems to have gotten better over time. She said "That's how it works I guess, that it just keeps getting less painful, so maybe when I'm older they'll invent something that doesn't hurt as much at all." 

Then she paused and said, "Well, actually, I hope I don't have to do this for the rest of my life.  Maybe I won't have diabetes forever if there's a cure."

Hope is a powerful thing. I hope she's right!!

1 comment:

  1. Tell her we all hope she's right!
    Wouldn't that be wonderful?!

    ReplyDelete