Saturday, November 5, 2011

Miles of Hope Recap

Wow. 

Leah enjoying herself along the walk route.

I'm still in a bit of shock that our first ever Miles of Hope to Cure Type 1 Diabetes went as well as it did. It's absolutely amazing to me the generosity and support that our family, friends, and community gave us to pull this off. I don't know how I could sufficiently thank those that donated their time and money that day and in the weeks leading up to the walk. We started from scratch just a few short months ago, and held an organized, successful, awesome event!!

Our total money raised is well over $19,000 and we might pass the $20,000 mark in the near future!! Putting those checks in the mail to the Faustman Lab last week was definitely the best feeling I'd had in awhile. 

The other good feeling is seeing our kids with type 1, and how much fun they had that day, and how important this was to THEM. They inspire us with their bravery and responsibility, and we're so proud as parents to do our part to take this disease out of their lives.


Our D-kids!


It's been nice to have a break from planning and fundraising these last few weeks. But I can't help but already think about next year and how we can be even bigger and better. The sky's the limit as far as I'm concerned, and we'll do what it takes to make a difference in our kids lives. 

The D-moms I'm so thankful to have in my life


Miles of smiles, fun, and HOPE!!

1 comment: