Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year's Eve Thumbprints

My cookie baking was lacking this year...didn't seem to have time to try many new cookie recipes before Christmas like I usually like to do. So I thought I would make one batch just in time for NYE.
Thumbprint cookies are my absolute favorite, and I have to say these lived up to my expectations. Recipe is from food.com and vanilla buttercream from food network. Yum.


Pecan Thumbprints

1/4 cup sugar
1 cup butter
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 teaspoon salt

Mix all ingredients together. Roll into balls and indent with thumbprint, without breaking through the dough. Bake at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Let cool completely and fill with icing.

Quick Vanilla Buttercream (half batch)

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons whipping cream

Mix butter and powdered sugar on low for 1 minute, increase to medium for 3 minutes. Add vanilla and whipping cream, and beat 1 minute more. Divide and add food coloring, if desired.

1 comment: